The Fine Arts Association Theatre Auditions Information
For Adult Productions Auditions: Auditions notices for adult productions are sent out prior to each audition. If you would like to be added to our audition mailing list, contact Ann Hedger, Programming Coordinator, at 440-951-7500, ext. 103
For Youth Theatre Productions: Audition notices for youth theatre productions are NOT mailed out but WILL appear in the newspapers listed to the right. Audition information flyers may also be picked up at The Fine Arts Association.
Audition Information for:
Monday & Tuesday, August 17 & 18, 2015 – 6:30 pm
(Callbacks by invite only – Wednesday, August 19, 2015 – 6:30 pm)
Rehearsals Start: Monday, August 31, 2015
Rehearsals will be Mon-Thu 6:30-9:30 pm & Sundays (time TBD)
Performance Dates: October 9 – 25, 2015, Fri/Sat/Sun
Evening performances 7:30 pm; matinee performances 2:00 pm in the Corning Auditorium. *NOTE: There will be a 1:00 senior matinee on Wednesday, October 21, 2015.
- Please call for an appointment slot.
- Prepare a short musical theatre song
- Bring sheet music in appropriate key. Music director will accompany.
- Prepare to cold read from the script.
- Bring a headshot or snapshot of yourself to attach to our paperwork.
- Must be available for all performances including the daytime matinee on Wednesday, October 21, 2015.
- Questions? Call 440-951-7500 x103
ALL roles are available.
No AEA contracts available for this production.
Needed: 5 Female roles - age 18 & up
SISTER MARY REGINA, MOTHER SUPERIOR: Female, 45 & up (Range: B3-F5)
A feisty overweight Sophie Tucker-type who can't resist the spotlight.
SISTER MARY HUBERT, MISTRESS OF NOVICES: Female, 40 & up (Range: G3-F5)
The second in command, she is always competing with the Mother Superior.
SISTER ROBERT ANNE: Female, 25-45 (Range:G3-D5)
A streetwise taught character from Brooklyn. A constant source of aggravation for the Mother Superior.
SISTER MARY AMNESIA: Female, 25-45 (Range: Db4-C6)
This nun lost her memory after a crucifix fell on her head. She is very sweet.
SISTER MARY LEO: Female, 20-30’s (Range: G#3-G5)
The novice, who has entered the convent with the firm desire to become the first nun ballerina
About the show:
Winner of four Outer Critics Circle Awards including Best Off Broadway Musical in its original New York production.
Storyline -- The show is a fund raiser put on by the Little Sisters of Hoboken to raise money to bury sisters who were accidentally poisoned by the convent cook, Sister Julia (Child of God).
10 Minute Plays-20th Annual One Act Festival: The Originals
It’s our 20TH ANNIVERSARY! The Fine Arts Association will once again showcase original, never been published 10-minute plays. Those chosen will be fully produced as part of the 20th Annual One Act Festival — The Originals in April 2016 at The Fine Arts Association.
Submissions of original ten-minute plays will be accepted beginning August 1, 2015. Submission deadline is Thursday, October 1, 2015. NEW THIS YEAR: Up to TWO 10-minute submissions will be accepted per playwright. The number of plays to be produced will be at The Fine Arts Association’s discretion and will depend on the mix of qualified submissions. Original plays accepted for the Festival will be announced between January 8-18, 2016. The plays selected will be given full production within the capabilities and budget of The Fine Arts Association. There will be no monetary stipend for plays used in the Festival. There are no submission fees for this Festival.
Festival Submission Guidelines:
- Submissions must be original, unpublished, and unproduced 10-minute plays at time of submission. Plays that have had staged readings will be accepted. Plays that have received full productions, either professional or amateur, previous to submission will not be accepted. Legal clearance of materials not in the public domain is the full responsibility of the playwright.
- Limit of TWO plays may submitted by each playwright.
- Maximum Length: 10 pages not including title pages. Play should run in the 10 minute range. Longer submissions will not be considered.
- Scripts may be comedy and drama. Not open to musicals. No more than 6 characters.
- Simple set and costumes needs and minimal technical requirements. Only basic furniture and minimal props available for the production.
- Plays must be typed with pages numbered and include a cover page with the following contact and bio information:
Playwright’s name, mailing address, phone number, e-mail address and a brief biography.
- International submissions are welcome. All scripts must be in English.
- All play submissions will be handled with care. However, The Fine Arts Association assumes no responsibility for lost or damaged scripts.
- Submissions may be e-mailed to email@example.com with a separate page with full contact and bio information (see above). E-mail submissions must be received by The Fine Arts Association by Thursday, October 1, 2015 to be considered.
- Preferred document format: Microsoft Word or .PDF files ONLY. No other formats will be accepted.
- Mail submission to: Ann Hedger, Ten Minute Plays, The Fine Arts Association, 38660 Mentor Avenue, Willoughby, Ohio 44094.
Mailed submissions must be postmarked by October 1, 2015 to be considered for the Festival.
- Mailed submissions must be securely bound with a cover page with full contact information (see above).
- Scripts will not be returned. Scripts not selected will be shredded then recycled.
Selection & Notification Information:
- Selections will be made by The Fine Arts Association Performance Department and inclusion in the festival is solely at their discretion. All decisions are final.
- All submitting playwrights will receive an email notification upon receipt of their scripts. Notification of final decisions will be made by e-mail between January 8 and 18, 2016.
Submission deadline: Thursday, October 1, 2015
Notification: Between January 8-18, 2015
Festival Dates: April 8-23, 2016
Questions — call 440-951-7500 x103.