The Fine Arts Association Theatre Auditions Information
For Adult Productions Auditions: Auditions notices for adult productions are sent out prior to each audition. If you would like to be added to our audition mailing list, contact Ann Hedger, Programming Coordinator, at 440-951-7500, ext. 103
For Youth Theatre Productions: Audition notices for youth theatre productions are NOT mailed out but WILL appear in the newspapers listed to the right. Audition information flyers may also be picked up at The Fine Arts Association.
Audition Information for:
Thursday, March 26, 2015 beginning 6:30 pm – Board Room
Friday, March 27, 2015 beginning 6:30 pm – Corning Auditorium
Callbacks by invitation only: Sunday, March 29, 2015 at 1:00 pm
Monday, April 20, 2015
Rehearsals will be Mon-Thu 6:30-9:30 pm & and one weekend day TBD
June 5-21, 2015
Fridays/Saturdays 7:30 pm; Sunday matinees 2:00 pm in the Corning Auditorium.
NOTE: There will be a 1:00 senior matinee on Wednesday, June 10, 2015.
Please call for an appointment. Groups of 5 will be seen every half hour.
- Prepare a short musical theatre song and one-minute monologue.
- Be prepared to dance (dress accordingly)
- Bring a headshot or snapshot of yourself to attach to our paperwork.
- Questions? Call 440-951-7500 x103
The role of Max Bialystock has been cast. ALL other roles are available.
No AEA contracts available for this production.
8 Females: 18-35
7 Females 40-65
11 Males 25-50
About the show:
A down-on-his-luck Broadway producer and his mild-mannered accountant come up with a scheme to produce the most notorious flop in history thereby bilking their backers (all "little old ladies") out of millions of dollars. Only one thing goes awry: the show is a smash hit! The antics of Max Bialystock and Leo Bloom as they maneuver their way fecklessly through finding a show (the gloriously offensive "Springtime For Hitler"), hiring a director, raising the money and finally going to prison for their misdeeds is a lesson in broad comic construction. At the core of the insanely funny adventure is a poignant emotional journey of two very different men who become friends. …Music Theatre International.
Audition appointments are required.
- Audition appointments will be taken beginning Saturday, January 24, 2015. Call the FAA Customer Service Center at 440-951-7500.
- Auditions are for placement purposes.
- All levels of experience are considered.
Students entering grades 3 through 12 in Fall 2015
TAC Audition Dates:
Saturday, March 14, 2015 – beginning at 1:30 pm
Saturday, April 18, 2015 – beginning at 1:30 pm
Saturday, May 16, 2015 – beginning at 1:30 pm
If unable to attend one of the above dates, please call Customer Service at 440-951-7500.
- Student should prepare a short poem or monologue (a short, single character speech) from a play, book or movie no longer than 1 minute in length. It MUST be MEMORIZED.
- Student should prepare a short song to sing, any style. Please bring sheet music in the appropriate key for the accompanist. Please, NO CDs or recorded accompaniment. Sheet music can be found at local music stores such as Arrowhead Music or Pfabe’s Music, at local libraries or online at such websites at musicnotes.com.
- Please arrive 10 minutes before scheduled time and plan to stay for one half hour.
- Students will be in the audition for approximately one half hour.
- NO visitors or guests are permitted to watch the auditions. Parents may wait in the hallway or gallery while their child is auditioning.
Theatre Arts Camp Registration:
Students may register and pay for Theatre Arts Camp any time beginning Saturday, January 24, 2015. Students need to schedule a placement audition during one of the dates listed above.
- Payment can be made in full at time of registration OR
- A $100 deposit per camper can be made to secure placement into Theatre Arts Camp. The $100 camp deposit is fully refundable if withdrawal from Theatre Arts Camp is requested PRIOR to the end of the business day on May 1, 2015. Beginning May 2, 2015 the camp deposit is non-refundable. The remaining camp balance(s), plus the summer registration fee are due by the end of business day on May 23, 2015.
- There are a limited number of scholarships available for summer camps. Please call (440) 951-7500 or visit fineartsassociation.org/about/scholarships.html for scholarship information. Scholarship deadline: May 2, 2015.
Important Theatre Arts Camp 2015 Information:
June 22-July 31, 2015 (no camp on July 3) -6 weeks
Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays – 9:00 am to 3:00 pm
Attendance during the sixth week and all of the performances is mandatory
July 31 & August 1, 2015 at 7:30 pm
August 1 & 2, 2015 at 2:00 pm