Mission and Vision
As an independent auxiliary of The Fine Arts Association, the Women’s Committee has been an integral part of the organization since its beginning. The Women’s Committee was chartered as an auxiliary in 1969.
Our mission is to support and promote The Fine Arts Association in the appreciation of the creative arts of music, dance, art, and drama.
Our goal is to support the appreciation of the creative arts – music, dance, art, and theatre and to promote The Fine Arts Association.Open to both men and women, membership in the Women’s Committee offers a diverse palette of activities and events in which to participate. Some of the highlights of our year include the Women’s Committee Second Wednesday Luncheon and Program Series, a monthly gathering featuring musical entertainment and stimulating lectures, all accompanied by good food and good friends; and an annual fund raiser and social event to kick off the holiday season.
What Women’s Committee Funds
The Women’s Committee’s holds an annual holiday major fundraiser. Proceeds from this benefit are to fulfill a “Wish List” from the FAA to provide needed items that are above and beyond their budget. This year those items requested are electronic bulletin boards, educational equipment and updated software. In the past, the Women’s Committee has gifted items to FAA such as: the digital marquee sign on Mentor Avenue, computers and special sound equipment, remodeling of the kitchen, carpeting for the auditorium and restoration of the concert grand piano. The committee also provides student achievement scholarships, sponsors theater productions, and supports the FAA’s annual Spring benefit. The Women’s Committee hosts the “Second Wednesday Program Luncheon Series” from September through May which are open to the public.
Women's Committee Second Wednesday Luncheon and Program Series
The Women’s Committee of the Fine Arts Association will hold their May luncheon at
Kirtland Country Club,
39438 Kirtland Road, Willoughby OH
on Wednesday, May 12 beginning at 11:00 a.m.
- The program will be “A Musical Montage” featuring Joe Fried and Nina Fried performing lively clarinet and piano music including: Golliwog’s Cake Walk, Csardas, Bizet’s Carmen, Bach’s Air on the G String, Hora Staccato, and much more.
- On the menu: Chicken, mushroom and spinach crepes; frosted grapes; fresh fruit; mixed greens salad; melba toast, dinner rolls, and sticky buns. Creme brulee and macaroons are the dessert.
- Reservations are required no later than May 8 by email: email@example.com or phone: 440-579-5020. The cost is $40.00 per person payable at the door in cash or by check. Valet parking will begin at 11:00 a.m., lunch at 11:30 with program to follow.
- Covid protocols will be adhered to (please wear a mask).
- The Women’s Committee is an independent auxiliary whose mission is to support and promote The Fine Arts Association in the appreciation of the creative arts of music, dance, art and drama
Reservations required by:
- Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org by noon the Friday before the lecture/luncheon date.
- or by calling 440-579-5020
Second Wednesday Programs:
- Are open to the public and offer a variety of entertainment with catered luncheons in the lobby. All programs are held at The Fine Arts (*unless noted otherwise) and begin at 11:00 a.m.
- Tickets for the program only are available at the door, but reservations are required for the program luncheon
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the majority of the 2020/2021 series was canceled.
- February 12: “Interludes Of Music”
- September 11: “Lucretia Garfield ’s Life after President Garfield”
- October 9: “Abandoned Buildings-Alive Again”
- November 13: “The Secrets Between Us”
- December 8: Annual Holiday Benefit
- January 8: “Music Therapy Healing Through The Arts”
- March 11: “Everyone Loves Dancing”
- April 8: “Cakes and Hough Bakery” (CANCELLED Due to COVID-19)
Become a Member Today!
When you become an active member or a supportive member, you will discover that the Women’s Committee is a fun and fulfilling organization that offers personal rewards as well as community benefits. To become a member pick up an application at The Fine Arts Association. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you aboard.
For further information or to submit a membership application, email Women’s Committee email@example.com or call Ann Hedger at 440-951-7500 x103. Applications can also be mailed *Title: “Women’s Committee Application” to 38660 Mentor Ave. Willoughby, Ohio 44094.
In Recent News:
The Women’s Committee of the Fine Arts Association will hold their May luncheon at the Kirtland Country Club, 39438 Kirtland Road, Willoughby on May 12. The program
will be “A Musical Montage” featuring Joe Fried and Nina Fried performing lively clarinet and piano music including: Golliwog’s Cake Walk, Csardas, Bizet’s Carmen, Bach’s Air on the G String, Hora Staccato, and lots more.
The menu is chicken, mushroom and spinach crepes; frosted grapes; fresh fruit; mixed greens salad; melba toast, dinner rolls, and sticky buns. Creme brulee and macaroons are the dessert. (learn more by reading the event description below)
The Fine Arts Association is greatly appreciative of TheWomen’s Committee’ recent generous award to FAA. A gift of $8,000 was presented to FAA and will help to support general operations programs and services. The Women’s Committee has been an integral part of The Fine Arts Association since
1969. Their dedicated members raise funds through special projects, programs and events. We are grateful to the Women’s Committee for their endless donation of time and talent to raise funds to help ensure that The Fine Arts Association
remains vibrant pillar in the community.
History of Women's Committee
A Women’s Board was created in 1957 doing rummage sales, card parties and sponsorship of children’s operettas. In 1959, the group became an advisory board to the Fine Arts Association Board of Trustees. The FAA board requested a Women’s Committee be organized in November 1959. Their first activity was writing to family and friends for FAA support. Gradually, the group began to contribute to the development of FAA goals and has evolved into a membership of over 100 gifting $200,000+ during the last 10 years alone.
2020/2021 Executive Committee and Chairs
- President: Karen Pribula
- Vice President: Barbara Schuler
- Recording Secretary: Sandy Taddeo
- Corresponding Secretary: Carol Berger
- Treasurer: Jane Anthony
- Hospitality: *Susan Miller & *JoAnn Greiner
- Program Series: *Barbara Schuler, JoAnn Greiner, Karen Pribula, Marilyn Repasky, Jan Robinson, Christine Sherwin, Kathleen Tuttle
- Liaison for Breckenridge Village: TBA
- Membership: *Pat Bonander, Stephanie Cerula, Christine Sherwin, Carolyn Wolfe
- Newsletter: *Pat Bonander
- Publicity: *Billie Portera
- Scholarship: *Kathleen Tuttle
- Special Projects: *Roberta Lucia, *Sandy Taddeo, *Lois Wigton
*Denotes chair person