Mission and Vision
As an independent auxiliary of The Fine Arts Association, the Women’s Committee has been an integral part of the organization since its beginning. The Women’s Committee was chartered as an auxiliary in 1969.
Our mission is to support and promote The Fine Arts Association in the appreciation of the creative arts of music, dance, art, and drama. Open to both men and women, membership in the Women’s Committee offers a diverse palette of activities and events in which to participate. Some of the highlights of our year include the Women’s Committee Second Wednesday Luncheon and Program Series, a monthly gathering featuring musical entertainment and stimulating lectures, all accompanied by good food and good friends; and an annual fund raiser and social event to kick off the holiday season.
What Women’s Committee Funds
The Women’s Committee’s holds an annual holiday major fundraiser. Proceeds from this benefit are to fulfill a “Wish List” from the FAA to provide needed items that are above and beyond their budget. This year those items requested were a new awning for the outdoor theatre and replacement of FAA outdoor banners. In the past, the Women’s Committee has gifted items to FAA such as: the digital marquee sign on Mentor Avenue, computers and special sound equipment, remodeling of the kitchen, carpeting for the auditorium and restoration of the concert grand piano. The committee also provides student achievement scholarships, sponsors theater productions, and supports the FAA’s annual Spring benefit. The Women’s Committee hosts the “Second Wednesday Program/Luncheons” from September through May which are open to the public.
A thank you letter from scholarship recipient, Anna P.
2023 Second Wednesday Program/Luncheons
“A History of Cleveland’s Playhouse Square” – Educator and author Mike Routa discusses.
Menu: Smoked beef brisket, potato casserole, Normandy vegetables, garlic rolls; assorted cookies
“Mr. President: Presidents Day Fun Facts” – Jack Warren of Musical Theater Project.
Menu: Chicken paprikash, garden salad, rolls, sweetheart special dessert
“Born to Sing” – Mahalia Jackson, granddaughter of slaves. Performer Robin Echols Cooper of Women in History.
Menu: Corned beef brisket, cabbage, redskin potatoes, rye bread, carrot cupcakes
“Holocaust Education Today” – A conversation with the Maltz Museum of Jewish Heritage.
Menu: Stuffed peppers, mashed potatoes oriental salad, rolls, lemon bars
“Latin American & Caribbean Music for Caribbean Music for Guitar” – Rodrigo Lara Alonso, Cleveland Classical Guitar Society.
*Menu tbd: KIRTLAND COUNTRY CLUB
Second Wednesday Programs:
- Are open to the public and offer a variety of entertainment with catered luncheons in the lobby. All programs are held at The Fine Arts (*unless noted otherwise) and begin at 11:00 a.m.
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the programs are subject to change.
Reservations required by:
Tickets for a program only are available at the door but reservations are required for the program luncheons by email at WCFineArts@yahoo.com or phone at (440) 251-1629.
Become a Member Today!
When you become an active member or a supportive member, you will discover that the Women’s Committee is a fun and fulfilling organization that offers personal rewards as well as community benefits. To become a member pick up an application at The Fine Arts Association. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you aboard.
For further information or to submit a membership application, email WCFineArts@yahoo.com. Applications can also be mailed *Title: “Women’s Committee Application” to The Fine Arts Association: 38660 Mentor Ave. Willoughby, Ohio 44094.
|Class Day||Beginning & End Dates||Make-Up Date|
|Monday||August 22 – January 9||January 16|
|Tuesday||August 23 – January 10||January 17|
|Wednesday||August 24 – January 11||January 18|
|Thursday||August 25 – January 12||January 19|
|Friday||August 26 – January 13||January 20|
|Saturday||August 27 – January 14||January 21|
The Women’s Committee of the Fine Arts Association will hold their May luncheon at
Kirtland Country Club,
39438 Kirtland Road, Willoughby OH
on Wednesday, May 12 beginning at 11:00 a.m.
- The program will be “A Musical Montage” featuring Joe Fried and Nina Fried performing lively clarinet and piano music including: Golliwog’s Cake Walk, Csardas, Bizet’s Carmen, Bach’s Air on the G String, Hora Staccato, and much more.
- On the menu: Chicken, mushroom and spinach crepes; frosted grapes; fresh fruit; mixed greens salad; melba toast, dinner rolls, and sticky buns. Creme brulee and macaroons are the dessert.
- Reservations are required no later than May 8 by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 440-579-5020. The cost is $40.00 per person payable at the door in cash or by check. Valet parking will begin at 11:00 a.m., lunch at 11:30 with program to follow.
- Covid protocols will be adhered to (please wear a mask).
- The Women’s Committee is an independent auxiliary whose mission is to support and promote The Fine Arts Association in the appreciation of the creative arts of music, dance, art and drama
History of Women's Committee
A Women’s Board was created in 1957 doing rummage sales, card parties and sponsorship of children’s operettas. In 1959, the group became an advisory board to the Fine Arts Association Board of Trustees. The FAA board requested a Women’s Committee be organized in November 1959. Their first activity was writing to family and friends for FAA support. Gradually, the group began to contribute to the development of FAA goals and has evolved into a membership of over 100 gifting $200,000+ during the last 10 years alone.
2022/2023 Executive Committee and Chairs
- President: Jeanne Lipps
- Vice President: Barbara Schuler
- Recording Secretary: Sandy Taddeo
- Corresponding Secretary: Karen Pribula
- Treasurer: Jane Anthony
- Hospitality: *Susan Miller & *JoAnn Greiner
- Program Series: *Barbara Schuler, *Billie Portera, JoAnn Greiner, Karen Pribula, Marilyn Repasky, Jan Robinson, Jeanne Lipps, Kathleen Tuttle
- Liaison for Breckenridge Village: Kathleen Tuttle
- Membership: TBD
- Newsletter: *Pat Bonander
- Publicity: *Billie Portera
- Scholarship: *Kathleen Tuttle
- Special Projects: *Roberta Lucia, *Sandy Taddeo, *Lois Wigton
*Denotes chair person