About Race to Embrace the Arts
The online fundraising auction replaces FAA’s annual fundraising in-person gala. As you know, nonprofits like The Fine Arts Association have been hit extra hard this year due to the pandemic. While we have rallied quickly, we still have a way to go to make up for the loss. The gala is always FAA’s major fundraiser; your participation in this online auction, especially during this crisis, is critical to ensuring that FAA’s enriching programs, services, and operations can be made available to students of all ages, abilities, and backgrounds today and well into the future.
Race to Embrace the Arts honors our most senior board emeritus, Alan Wright and his wife Gloria both of whom have served as leaders actively supporting the arts at FAA and throughout Northeast Ohio over the many years.
The Race to Embrace the Arts: a $25K Online Fundraising Auction has begun! There are four Laps in the race (see chart below). Scroll down to see a list of which items are included in each Lap.
By clicking the link, you may register to bid (click on “Register to Bid” in the upper right-hand corner of the auction site) and navigate around to become comfortable with the site.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Click on the “+” to view the answer
When you click on the heart icon, you are then “watching” an item. This means the item will be saved under your “My Bid History” page which can be found under the “My Account” tab at the top of the page. This is not currently available on your mobile device, only a desktop or laptop.
Unfortunately, that is not an available option through the auction system. However, if you look at the time remaining under each item, you can see which ones are currently up for bid. We have made a suggestion to the auction company to create such a feature.
Please scroll down on this page for a list of items in each of the four blocks/laps and bidding dates/times. Suggestion: Print off a copy or take a screenshot to have as a handy reference tool.
If you open the auction site, there is a search button you can use to find an item. Also, there are more sorting options (different viewing options and such) available to you on a desktop/laptop than what is available when using a mobile device.
Scroll down on this page to view the chart of Curbside pickup dates and times at The Fine Arts Association. Simply bring your winning item catalog # with you to FAA during the specific dates and times. FAA staff members will be there to place items in your trunk. Safe social distancing will be practiced.
We would prefer if most everyone would utilize the convenient curbside pickup dates and times. However, we will mail small envelopes upon request with a full mailing address. Larger items may be shipped but the winner would need to absorb the shipping costs.
Yes, new items may be added throughout the duration of the event. Also, items that did not sell in the first round, may be added back in a later lap.
You will receive a text and email when someone outbids you. From there, you simply click on link in the email/text which will take you directly back to the item so that you may quickly bid again on that item.
By clicking on the Facebook, Twitter or PIN icons on the auction site, you may share the link with your social media contacts. Thank you in advance for sharing the auction site with others!
The auction system will invoice you and instruct you on how to pay upon the lap closing date.
Schedule of Events:
- Make Your Own 4th of July Party
- Sparkling Pink Diamond Necklace
- Family Fun Package
- Samoe Women’s Convertible Purse
- Beach not included: Kindle Fire 7
- Holiday Excursion at Sugar Pines Farm
- Nesting Baskets and Sheraton Furniture
- Brunch and Tour of Steele Mansion
- Golf & Dine in Wickliffe
- Little Bit of Sports Fun
- Managerial Mid-Back Chair
- Beach Glass by Meros
- Chagrin Falls Arts Package
- Dog Training for Family Dogs
- Designer Wreath by Edward J. Sajovic
- Car Care Bucket & Oil Change
- Basket of Blooms
- Super Huge Game Basket
- Wine, Wine & More Wine
- Red Blend Oil on Canvas + Cabernet
- For the Dog Lover: Custom Painting
- 15.6″ Notebook with Backpack & Mouse by HP
- Baum’s Lakeside Dinner for 6
- Picnic with TCO at Blossom
- Crown Jewelry Boutique Mix
- Dinner + Theater at Rabbit Run
- History Lover Package
- Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Membership+ Records
- A Beverage for Every Taste
- Crazy Cat Basket
- Cavs + Overnight Stay at Hilton
- Painting Event for 10 Alyssa Rae Art
- Akron Rubber Ducks & Darden Restaurants
- Wedding Ceremony String Quartet
- Farm Fun & Pizza
- Travel in Style with Vera Bradley
- Stuffed Cuddly Zoo Animals handmade
- Variety of Morning Mixes & Maple Syrup
- Rainbow Farms Gift Card
- Original Comedy / Tragedy Mask
- All The Arts Basket
- Good Morning Coffee Assortment
- Time for Tea Assortment
- Red, Wine & Brew Package
- Modern Vintage Style Turntable + Amazon
- Blind Squirrel Winery Package
- All That Jazz Collector’s Set
- Dinner & Theater Downtown Cle
- Dinner & Tickets Great Lakes Theater
- Treemaster Tree Care
- Apollo’s Fire
- Maple Breakfast Basket
- Cozy Noze
- Paintball Party at Synergy Woods
- Lowe’s Greenhouse Landscape & Design
- Near West Theatre, Melt, & Uber
- Bird Watcher
- Bucket Case of Farinacci Tuscan Red Wine
- Lunch Around Town
- Original Ceramic Face Jugs created
- Patterson Fruit Farm Deluxe Basket
- “Garden Ant Bowl” & Gift Card
- Golf & Lunch at Kirtland Country Club
- Choose Your Favorite Wines
- Microsoft Surface Go
- A Taste of New Zealand
- Billy the Artist Original Art Piece
- Niagara on the Lake: Oban Inn
- Preston Superstore Oil Change & Rotation
- This could be your lucky day?
- FAA Certificate & Fun Swag
- BJ’s Wholesale Club Certificates
- Brunch with Alan & Gloria Wright
- Let your House Sparkle
- Distillery Tasting + Tour for 10
- Take a “Me” Day Dinner & Loge at My Fair Lady
- Roy Smith Original Stained-Glass Art
- Catered for 8 Amongst the Airplanes
- Cleveland Ballet, Hook & Hoof, Uber
- Classic Lexus Oil Change & Rotation
- Ohio Light Opera & Dinner 2021
- Playground World Weekday Party
- Oil Painting in Antique Frame
- Deluxe Gourmet Italian Basket
- Leather-on-wood Wall Decorations
- 12 Months of Fresh Fruit & Vegetables
- Crystalline Glaze Leaf dish
- J9 Lane Boutique
- Lunch in Lake County
- Golf + Overnight at Quail Hollow & Dinner
- Custom Painted Rain Barrel
- A Wine Shopping Experience For the Wine Connoisseur
- Vintage Vinyl Collection
- Home Depot & Master Pizza
- Heinen’s + Holden Forests & Gardens
- Create Your Own Wine & Cheese Party
A Special Thank You to our Race to Embrace the Arts Key Sponsors:
and supporting sponsors:
BECOME A SPONSOR OR ADVERTISER
FOR RACE TO EMBRACE THE ARTS
What your generosity can do for others
$25 will pay for two children to enjoy an inspiring theatre experience
$50 will provide five weeks of engaging arts and music instruction for a person 55 or older
$100 will provide a young person 14 weeks of participation in a string ensemble
$250 will provide a class of elementary students a day of creative arts instruction at their school
$500 may provide a young person 18 weeks of private instruction on any instrument
Donate today to help children, youth and adults develop the life skills necessary to succeed in today's world.
Did you know… The Fine Arts Association (FAA) provides outreach programs in collaboration with schools, hospitals, senior centers, to children at the Salvation Army and Project Hope for the homeless, juvenile centers, and many other child, youth and senior citizen service agencies?
Did you know… FAA provides scholarships for families facing economic challenges, merit-based scholarships, discounted student group rates, free community concerts, senior citizen packages and free benefit dress rehearsals for organizations serving people with disabilities?
Did you know… many companies offer employees a matching gift benefit that matches your donation to a non-profit such as The Fine Arts Association? To receive this benefit, you must obtain a matching gift form from your employer. The completed gift form then should be mailed to The Fine Arts Association for confirmation.
Did you know… you can donate your securities or bequests through a will or estate plan to support the arts?