Summer at FAA
Summer Camps & Workshops To Fit YOUR Schedule!
Scroll down on this page for Summer 2020 Camps or click below for Summer 2020 Classes
One Week Camps
Preschool Multi-Arts Camps
REGISTER FOR ALL THREE SESSIONS AND SAVE 10%!
Camp begins at 9:00 a.m. and ends at 12:00 p.m. Each week of camp brings NEW arts explorations in dance, music, and visual arts! A Sharing Day Program concludes each camp week on Fridays at 11:00 a.m. *Children must be potty-trained & ready to attend a program independently to attend this camp.
Elementary Multi-Arts Camps
REGISTER FOR ALL FOUR SESSIONS AND SAVE 10%!
Before camp care: 8:00 a.m.-9:00 a.m. is included! Camp officially begins at 9:00 a.m. and ends at 3:00 p.m. Each week of camp brings a new theme, show, and arts explorations in dance, theatre, music, and visual arts. A Sharing Day program for family and friends concludes each camp week on Fridays at 2:00 p.m. Campers should bring a packed lunch and a water bottle daily.
Sew It! Camp
Before Camp Care from 8:00- a.m.-9:00 am. is included! Camp officially begins at 9:00 a.m. and ends at 12:00 p.m. Each student works individually on a machine! Two to three projects will be completed by the end of the week.
Half Day (Ages 10-14)
Art Showcase Camp from 1:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m. is a camp where children can showcase their special talents and grow their skills in the media and subject matter that they choose. By individual consult, a visual art focus will be chosen by each student at the start of the week. Students will receive the individual attention and advice they need in this small group setting to glow even brighter in the visual art areas in which they already shine. Completed student work will be showcased with individual artist statements.
Music + from 9:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. takes your music to the next level as you discover the improbable as through this week long intensive led by the incredible Third Stream Duo and friends! For players of any band or orchestra instrument, explore the outer limits of music making, test the limits of your creativity and instrument, and find something new and exciting in a musical landscape unknown to many.
Dance Companies Intensive
- Dancers will bond while enjoying the arts of contemporary and hip-hop performance. Throughout the week, student’s will be offered unique and exciting performance opportunities where they will have a chance to demonstrate the artistic skills and talents they have gained throughout their time within these intensives.
- The week concludes with a culminating performance shared with the community at Willoughby ArtsFest!
- July 13, 15, 17, 18 (Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday)
- Students interested in auditioning for an FAA Dance Company for the 2020-2021 season are strongly encouraged to attend.
- **Minimum two years of studio training required to participate**
From 9:30 a.m.-12:00 p.m., this summer’s Hip Hop Intensive with Howard Washington will offer students industry style training and movement that will allow dancers to execute high-quality performance while diving into the preparation process of top tier performing. Dancers will learn audition techniques, how to execute musicality in their body, and develop more body awareness in the style of hip hop.
From 1:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m. with London Fulton, this summer’s Contemporary Intensive will offer students specialized pre & professional training in a variety of dance styles such as modern, jazz, lyrical, and ballet. Throughout the week, students will also learn techniques, variations, and choreography.
Six Week Camps
Visual Arts Half Day
(Grades K-3 and 4-8)
- Grades K-3 1:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m.
- Grades 4-8 9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
- Paper, Scissors, Rock Camps are for those who love creating, making, and imagining! Campers paint, draw, work with clay, and more! Campers learn new creative art processes every day, both indoors and outdoors.
All the Arts Camp
Half Day (Grades K-5)
All the Arts Camp from 1:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m. is designed to immerse campers in dance, theatre, visual arts, and music explorations! Each day of camp provides an in-depth exploration of an art form.
Young Actors Intensive Workshops
(Grades 9-12 & high school grads)
- All Actors Intensive camps are from 1:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m.
- Scene Study students will improve on acting skills by working on scenes from plays to learn how to use the script as a road map to discover characters and their actions.
- Monologue Audition Prep teaches actors how to find and choose audition monologues, acting techniques for staging, interpreting and performing a monologue in an audition, and basic audition etiquette. Each student will leave the workshop with two contrasting monologues.
- Short Form Improv will improve acting skills! Students will work on scenes from plays.
- The Actors Craft builds a strong foundation of craft and technique in order to be emotionally free on stage. This workshop teaches basic, concrete tricks of the trade to help both novice and experienced performers expand their skills.
Theatre Arts Camp (TAC)
(Grades K-3 Half Day) (Grades 3-12 Full Day)
Optional before and after camp care included in camp tuition! Drop off as early as 8:00 a.m. and leave as late as 4:00 p.m.!
- TAC Jr. from 9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. camp will immerse campers in singing, dancing and acting! Campers will perform this musical theatre program at a ticketed performance on Thursday, July 23, 2020 at 7:00 p.m. in the Corning Auditorium. Camp tuition includes two comp ticket vouchers to this performance! Please note: Due to the age of the students, this program requires active parent participation to assist children with learning a “script.”
- TAC from 9:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.: is a fun and interactive camp that engages campers in the theatrical aspects of music, dance, theatre and visual arts. Every year, more than 70 area students join FAA for this unique musical theatre experience! Auditions are required for placement for NEW campers only. Returning campers don’t need to audition. Camp culminates with a fully staged ticketed production the final weekend of camp with the script and songs tailored especially for the talents of the participating campers. Camp tuition includes two comp ticket vouchers for choice of one culminating performance! Performances will be on July 24, 25, & 26, 2020.
Bonus! Each camper receives a 2020 Camp T-shirt (camp is included in the tuition fee)!
FAA has camps for everyone who loves the arts! There are camps for the littlest campers at age 3 through high school grads. Camps range from one week to six weeks long, both full-and half-day.
Private lessons and individual classes are also offered in the summer in each of our core programs. Stay tuned!
- Before Camp Care is optional from 8:00 a.m.-9:00 a.m. and INCLUDED in tuition for the following summer camps: Elementary Multi-Arts Camps, Sew It Camp, and Theatre Arts Camp (TAC).
- Lunch Bunch: Is a great option for campers registered for both Paper, Scissors, Rock Camp Jr. and TAC Jr. camps who are looking for a full-day camp experience. Campers should bring a packed lunch and water bottle each day of camp if they are staying for Lunch Bunch.
- After Camp Care is optional from 3:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m. for TAC Campers.
Summer Classes will be available soon!
Stay tuned for exciting summer class offerings such as:
- Building Bridges to Ballet
- Zentangle and Beyond
- Frozen Fun
- Painting & Coffee
- Hands on Clay
- Interpretive Dance
- and much MORE!