Auditions at Fine Arts...
Latest Audition News
Lyrics by A. A. Milne & Kristin Sergel
Music by Alan Jay FriedmanAdapted by Kristin Sergel
Presented by The Yarnell Youth Theatre Company
Directed by Justin Steck
Music Direction by John Krol
Choreography by Jennifer Justice
Monday, December 4, 2017 beginning at 6:30 pm in the Corning Auditorium
Tuesday, December 5, 2017 beginning at 6:30 pm in the Corning Auditorium
Callbacks, Wednesday, December 6, 2017 – by invitation only
Rehearsals begin – Tuesday, December 12, 2017 – 6:30 pm (no rehearsals December 19-January 1. FAA Holiday Break)
Rehearsals will GENERALLY be Sundays 1:00-3:30 pm, Mondays thru Thursdays 6:30-9:00 pm.
Production Dates –
February 16 – March 4, 2018
Fridays at 7:30 pm, Saturday and Sundays at 2:00 pm.
Two daytime performances on Thursdays, February 22 & March 1, 2018 at 11:00 am. Attendance required.
- Appointments will be taken beginning Tuesday, October 31, 2017
- Call Ann Hedger at 440-951-7500 x103 to make your appointment
- Reading from script sides
- Come prepared with a 16-32 bars of a standard Music Theatre song.
- Bring sheet music in the proper key.
- An accompanist will play for all auditioners. Singing acapella is discouraged.
- Bring a detailed list of your conflicts beginning December 12, 2017. This includes any school activities/events, sports activities/events and classes you may be taking that would cause you to miss a scheduled rehearsal. All cast members must be available for tech week (February 11-15) and for all performances, including the two daytime performances.
- Please bring a headshot (school picture or snap shot will do).
- Resumes will be accepted (not required)
- Needed: Cast of approximately 13-20
- All roles are available.
- Age range is 8 - 18 years old. (must be 8 years old by first rehearsal)
- No AEA contracts available for this production.
Christopher Robin – a small boy
Winnie-the-Pooh – a teddy bear
Piglet – a small pig
Owl – an owl
Eeyore – a donkey
Kanga – a mother kangaroo
Roo – her child
Rabbit – a rabbit
Animal 1 (small rabbit)
Animal 2 (small skunk)
Animal 3 (small rabbit)
Animal 4 (small rabbit)
Voice – the narrator
Extras (residents of the forest)
A student written and produced 10-minute play festival
Have you ever wanted to write a play, or have you written one already? If you are between the ages of 13-19, submit one (or several) one act plays (around ten minutes long) to The Fine Arts Association, and then watch your work come to life on stage.
- Students ages 13 – 19 may submit plays.
- Play(s) must be original, never-before-produced 10-minute play(s) at time of submission. Plays that have had staged readings will be accepted. Plays that have received full productions, either professional or amateur, prior to submission will not be accepted. Legal clearance of materials not in the public domain is the full responsibility of the playwright.
- Scripts may be comedy or drama. Not open to musicals. Submitted plays have a four-character limit.
- Plays should have simple set and costume needs with minimal technical requirements. Only basic furniture and minimal props are available for the production.
- Maximum Length: 10 pages not including title pages. Plays should run between 9 – 11 minutes.
- Plays must be submitted with pages numbered and include on the title page the following contact and bio information:
- Playwright’s name
- mailing address
- phone number
- e-mail address
- a brief biography
- Document format: Microsoft Word or PDF files ONLY. No other formats will be accepted.
- International submissions are welcome. All scripts must be in English.
- All play submissions will be handled with care. However, The Fine Arts Association assumes no responsibility for lost or damaged scripts.
- Submissions may be e-mailed to email@example.com or mailed to: David Malinowski, Student Produced One-Act Festival, The Fine Arts Association, 38660 Mentor Avenue, Willoughby, Ohio 44094. Submissions must be received by Friday, January 5, 2018.
- Mailed submissions must be securely bound with a title page containing full contact and bio information as outlined above.
- Scripts will not be returned. Scripts not selected will be shredded then recycled.
- Selections will be made by The Fine Arts Association Performance Department Chair and Student Producer. Inclusion in the festival is solely at their discretion. All decisions are final.
- All submitting playwrights will receive an email notification upon receipt of their scripts. Notification of final decisions will be made by e-mail between January 8 and January 12, 2018.
THE PLAYROOM One Act Festival dates are April 13-15, 2018.
THE PLAYROOM is sponsored by Eric and Lisa Barbe.
Audition information will be posted when available.
Audition information also appears on NEOhioPAL listserve (http://lists.neohiopal.org/listinfo.cgi/neohiopal-neohiopal.org), in the News Herald and in the Tribune. Audition flyers may also be picked up at The Fine Arts Association. If you would like more information regarding auditions, contact Ann Hedger, programming coordinator, at 440-951-7500, ext. 103.