Auditions at Fine Arts...
Latest Audition News
Audition appointment required.
It is imperative that all campers go through the audition process for placement purposes. All levels of experience are considered. Schedule an audition time by calling the FAA Customer Service Center at 440-951-7500. Audition appointments will be taken beginning Saturday, February 17, 2018. Auditions must be completed by Saturday, June 9, 2018 for participation in the 2018 camp.
Age: Students entering grades 3 through 12 in Fall 2018
Saturday, April 7, 2018 – beginning at 1:00 pm (until 4:30 pm)
Saturday, May 12, 2018 – beginning at 1:00 pm (until 4:30 pm)
If you are unavailable for either of the audition dates, please contact TAC director, Sandy Kosovich Peck at firstname.lastname@example.org, or FAA at 440-951-7500, to arrange an alternate audition date.
- Student must memorize a short poem or monologue (a short, single character speech) from a play, book or movie no longer than 1 minute in length.
- Student must prepare a short song, any style. Please bring sheet music in the appropriate key for the accompanist. Please, NO CDs or recorded accompaniment. Sheet music can be found at local music stores such as Arrowhead Music or Pfabe’s Music, at local libraries or online at websites such as www.musicnotes.com.
- Please arrive 10 minutes before scheduled time and plan to stay for 1/2 hour.
- Visitors or guests are NOT permitted to watch the auditions. Parents may wait in the hallway or gallery while their student is auditioning.
Students may register before or after they audition. However, placement auditions must be scheduled during one of the dates listed above.
Payment can be made in full at time of registration
a 50% deposit of the total camp tuition per camper can be made to secure placement. The camp deposit is fully refundable if the student withdraws from Theatre Arts Camp PRIOR to the end of the business day on May 5, 2018. Beginning May 7, 2018 the camp deposit is non-refundable. The remaining camp balance is due by the end of business day on May 26, 2018.
There are a limited number of scholarships available for summer camps. Please call (440) 951-7500 or visit fineartsassociation.org/about/scholarships.html for scholarship information.
Scholarship deadline: May 15, 2018.
Important Theatre Arts Camp 2018 Information
June 18 - July 27, 2018 (no camp on July 4) -6 weeks
Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays – 9:00 am to 3:00 pm
Before Care: 8:00-9:00 am and After Care: 3:00-4:00 pm are included in camp tuition.
Attendance during the sixth week and all of the performances is mandatory.
July 27 & 28, 2018 at 7:00 pm
July 28 & 29, 2018 at 2:00 pm
Directors- Grace Perry, Elyse Willins, Cameron Zona
Auditions: Monday & Tuesday, May 7 & 8 - 6:30 pm
Possible callbacks by invitation only: Wednesday, May 9, 2018
Rehearsals Start: TBA. Rehearsals will be Mon-Thu 6:30-9:30 pm & Sun TBA
Performance Dates: June 29, 30, 2018, at 7:30 pm & July 1, 2018, at 2:00 pm
- Appointments NOT necessary.
- Be prepared to possibly read from the script
- Bring a headshot or snapshot of yourself to attach to our paperwork
- Bring resumé, if you already have one
- Questions? Call 440-951-7500 x113
- ALL roles are available.
- No AEA contracts available for these productions.
Looking for cast of about 15.
Men & Women - Ages 13 to 19.
About The Playroom One Acts:
- An American Classroom- Comedy about daily life in a high school classroom.
- Silence is Violent- Drama about the struggle with varying emotions and feelings of someone struggling with mental illness.
- Here Be Dragons- focused on dragons and the issues that occur when miscommunications, and illusions run wild between friends.
- Best Friends Forever- Andrea has a life-or-death battle with some of her very best friends.
- Wyoming- A tale of the promise of sorority sister relationships not being all they are cracked up to be.
Roles available: Varying roles are available, depending on the one act, character specifics will be given at auditions.
Audition information is posted when available.
Audition information also appears on NEOhioPAL listserve (http://lists.neohiopal.org/listinfo.cgi/neohiopal-neohiopal.org), in the News Herald and in the Tribune. Audition flyers may also be picked up at The Fine Arts Association. If you would like more information regarding auditions, contact Ann Hedger, programming coordinator, at 440-951-7500, ext. 103.