Auditions at Fine Arts...
Latest Audition News
Presented by the Yarnell Youth Theatre Company
Music by George Stiles
Book & Lyrics by Anthony Drewe
Directed by David Malinowski
Music Direction by Jonathan Gordon
Choreography by Sarah Gordon
Monday, November 26, 2018 beginning at 6:30 pm
Tuesday, November 27, 2018 beginning at 6:30 pm
Callbacks, Thursday, November 29, 2018 – by invitation only
Rehearsals begin – Tue/Wed/Thu, December 11, 12, & 13 2018. There will be a two-week break for the holidays. Rehearsals will resume on Wed, January 2, 2019. Rehearsals will GENERALLY be Sundays 1:00-5:00 pm, Mondays thru Thursdays 6:30-10:00 pm.
Production Dates –
February 15-March 3, 2019
Fridays at 7:30 pm, Saturday and Sundays at 2:00 pm.
Two daytime performances on Thursdays, February 21 & February 28 at 11:00 am. Attendance required.
- Appointments will be taken beginning Monday, November 5, 2018
- Call Ann Hedger at 440-951-7500 x103 to make your appointment
- Reading from script sides
- Come prepared with a 16-32 bars of a standard Music Theatre song.
- Bring sheet music in the proper key.
- An accompanist will play for all auditioners. Singing acapella is discouraged.
- Bring a detailed list of your conflicts beginning December 11. This includes any school activities/events, sports activities/events and classes you may be taking that would cause you to miss a scheduled rehearsal. All cast members must be available for tech week (February 10-14) and for all performances, including the two daytime performances.
- Please bring a headshot (school picture or snap shot will do).
- Resumes will be accepted (not required)
- Needed: Cast of approximately 25-35
- All roles are available.
- Age range is 8 - 18 years old. (must be 8 years old by first rehearsal)
Our story's youthful protagonist. Gawky and odd-looking, he is shunned for his odd appearance. Possesses a heart of gold. Vocal range: Bb2 - G#4
Our story's antagonist. Sly and cunning, he is a very hungry cat who preys on his next meal. Vocal range: C3 - Bb4
Ugly's father who detests his son. Vocal range: A2 - G4
A goose and the Admiral of the squadron charged with Ugly's safe return. He is Dot's husband. Vocal range: A2 - G4
The School Headmaster who is self-basting, self-boasted prime specimen. Deathly afraid of Thanksgiving. Vocal range: A2 - F#4
A laidback, self-confident frog who is encouraging, light-hearted, and optimistic. Vocal range: A2 - F#4
Penny's loving, protective, and caring father. Vocal range: A2 - F#4
Ugly's loving mother and the only person who is supportive of the outcast child. Vocal range: F3 - F5
Most distinguished duck on the lake and the school governor. Proud, honest, and genuine. Vocal range: A3 - Gb5
Greylag's composed, respectful wife. Vocal range: A3 - Gb5
Very domesticated, proper, and snooty hen. Vocal range: G#3 - F5
The cheerful, neighborly moorhen. Vocal range: G#3 - F5
Very domesticated, humorous, snobby cat who lives the "high life."
Vocal range: G#3 - F5
Tender, compassionate, loving, and caring. Mother to Penny.
Vocal range: G#3 - F5
A friend of Maureen and Ida's, she is somewhat of a busybody.
Vocal range: C4 - F5
A beautiful Swan that is kind, compassionate, and caring. Ugly's unlikely love interest and friend. Vocal range: C4 - F5
Ducklings; Fish; Froglets; Greylag's Flock; Goose Squadron
Watch for more audition postings soon.
Audition information also appears on NEOhioPAL listserve (http://lists.neohiopal.org/listinfo.cgi/neohiopal-neohiopal.org), in the News Herald and in the Tribune. Audition flyers may also be picked up at The Fine Arts Association. If you would like more information regarding auditions, contact Ann Hedger, programming coordinator, at 440-951-7500, ext. 103.