Infant-Age 5 (with accompanying adult)
Designed for young children of ALL abilities! Bounce, wiggle, sing, and have fun with your munchkin. This class engages you and your child in singing, playing instruments, and movement experiences while encouraging bonding, stimulating the senses, promoting learning, and creating opportunities for
socialization. Two times to choose from: (1) 9:30 a.m.-10:15 a.m. or (2) 10:30 a.m.-11:15 a.m.
Teens & Adults
Flute Choir is open to flute players interested in exploring flute ensemble music. Students must study private flute during the 2020 Summer Session or have approval from Ms. Judith Elias for participation.
Be a part of a fun and fulfilling vocal group that will rehearse and perform the best in pop and jazz a cappella choral music with Dr. Christopher J Venesile, director of the Kent State University “Nova Jazz Singers.” Dr. Venesile will use his expertise as a leader in contemporary choral music to collaborate with singers grade 9 – adult and produce some of America’s finest music, from Broadway, pop/rock, and jazz standards.
**Previous Voice Lessons Required** Expressive singing requires sound breath control. Learn the secrets of Diaphragmatic-Costal Breath Control to open your singing to new heights. This essential approach, taught be the great singers of our time, can be the difference between one who sings and an expressive singer.
Private Music Instruction
The Fine Arts Association offers private music instruction for preschoolers through senior citizens!
- Professional faculty
- Well-equipped, private music studios (most with Steinway grand pianos)
- Scholarships, both need-based and achievement-based available
- Traditional music instruction and The Suzuki Method of instruction are offered!
- Recital opportunities: The Fine Arts Association provides regular opportunities for music students to perform in recitals. General recitals are free and the community is welcome! If you are a music student interested in participating in a general recital, please communicate with your instructor.
- Call Customer Service at 440-951-7500 to inquire about a trial lesson
- Click here to read about each of our FAA Music Faculty Members!
The Fine Arts Association’s dance program allows students to enter at any level and/or style appropriate to both ability and age. Students new to Fine Arts with previous study in dance will be scheduled for a placement assessment by appointment with a dance faculty member. Students are evaluated annually to continue proper placement in a challenging class setting.
Please note: Ages are approximate guidelines. Students are placed in class based on experience and current ability.
The Fine Arts Association Dance program culminates with a student dance recital. Performances will take place on Saturday, June 13, 2020 in the auditorium at Andrews Osborne Academy (adjacent to FAA). The Share Day performance for our youngest dancers will also take place on Saturday, June 13, 2020 in the Andrews Osborne Academy auditorium.
For All Ages
- Parents/guardians of preschool-age students (below kindergarten age) are requested to stay onsite during classes.
- Please be in proximity to the classroom space in order to assist your child with toileting needs and/or need of additional support.
- Please note: ages are approximate guidelines. Students are placed in class based on experience and current ability.
- Pre Ballet/Tap I from June 16-July 21 will be on Tuesdays from 4:00 p.m.-4:45 p.m.
- Pre Ballet/Tap I from June 20-August 1 will be on Saturdays from 9:00 a.m.-9:45 a.m
- (1) Pre Ballet/Tap II from June 16-July 21 will be on Tuesdays from 4:00 p.m.-4:45 p.m.
- (2) Pre Ballet/Tap II from June 16-July 21 will be on Saturdays from 10:00 a.m.-10:45 a.m.
- (3) Pre Ballet/Tap II from June 20-August 1 will be on Saturdays from 11:00 a.m.-11:45 a.m.
Elementary & Teens
Dance Companies Intensive
- Dancers will bond while enjoying the arts of contemporary and hip-hop performance. Throughout the week, student’s will be offered unique and exciting performance opportunities where they will have a chance to demonstrate the artistic skills and talents they have gained throughout their time within these intensives.
- The week concludes with a culminating performance shared with the community at Willoughby ArtsFest!
- July 13, 15, 17, 18 (Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday)
- Students interested in auditioning for an FAA Dance Company for the 2020-2021 season are strongly encouraged to attend.
- **Minimum two years of studio training required to participate**
From 9:30 a.m.-12:00 p.m., this summer’s Hip Hop Intensive with Howard Washington will offer students industry style training and movement that will allow dancers to execute high-quality performance while diving into the preparation process of top tier performing. Dancers will learn audition techniques, how to execute musicality in their body, and develop more body awareness in the style of hip hop.
From 1:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m. with London Fulton, this summer’s Contemporary Intensive will offer students specialized pre & professional training in a variety of dance styles such as modern, jazz, lyrical, and ballet. Throughout the week, students will also learn techniques, variations, and choreography.
For Current Company Dancers
- No class on June 25 for Verge Contemporary or Edge Contemporary
- No class June 23 for Edge Hip Hop
Do you want to build a snowman? Or go into the unknown? So many new adventures are in store for Elsa,
Ana, Olaf, Hans and Sven in this class! You’ll re-enact all your favorite scenes from Frozen AND Frozen 2 while
learning theatre fundamentals like character building, blocking, articulation, projection and being in the
moment. Your family and friends will love to watch you LET IT GO on Sharing Day!
Visual Art Classes
Adult & Senior
IMPORTANT DATES TO ADD TO YOUR CALENDAR:
- April 1. Final day to submit scholarship applications for 2020 Summer Session
- May 4. Final day for camp deposit refund for withdrawal from camp
- May 8. Annual FAA Benefit
- May 23. Remaining camp balance due
- May 23. Final day for returning music students to retain current music slots for 2020 Summer Session (if applicable)
- May 23. Final day to receive early registration incentive of 3% off tuition for 2020 Summer Session (Discount not applicable for workshops)
- May 23. Final day for 2020 Summer Session scholarship recipients to register
- May 23. Summer Camps begin
- May 25. Building closed in observance of Memorial Day
- June 15. Summer Classes & Music Lessons begin
- July 3 & 4. Building closed in observance of Independence Day
- July 23. Theatre Arts Camp JR. 2020 performance
- July 24, 25, 26. Theatre Arts Camp 2020 performances
- August 1. Final day for returning music students to retain current music slots for 2020 Fall Session
- August 22. pARTy at The Fine Arts Association!
- August 24. 2020 Fall Session begins