The Women's Committee of The Fine Arts Association
As an independent auxiliary of The Fine Arts Association, the Women’s Committee has been an integral part of the organization since its beginning. The Women’s Committee was chartered as an auxiliary in 1969.
Our mission is to support and promote The Fine Arts Association in the appreciation of the creative arts of music, dance, art and drama.
Our goal is to support the appreciation of the creative arts – music, dance, art and theatre and to promote The Fine Arts Association.
Open to both men and women, membership in the Women’s Committee offers a diverse palette of activities and events in which to participate. Some of the highlights of our year include the Women’s Committee Second Wednesday Luncheon and Program Series, a monthly gathering featuring musical entertainment and stimulating lectures, all accompanied by good food and good friends; and an annual fund raiser and social event to kick off the holiday season.
2019/20 Executive Committee and Chairs
- President: Karen Pribula
- Vice President: Barbara Schuler
- Recording Secretary: Sandy Taddeo
- Corresponding Secretary: Carol Berger
- Treasurer: Judy Nagel
- Hospitality: *Susan Miller & *JoAnn Greiner
- Second Wednesday Luncheon and Program Series Committee: *Barbara Schuler, JoAnn Greiner, Karen Pribula, Marilyn Repasky, Jan Robinson, Christine Sherwin, Kathleen Tuttle
- Liaison for Breckenridge Village: TBA
- Membership: *Susan Martellucci & *Rose Valentino
- Membership Committee: Bette Arnold & Carolyn Wolfe
- Newsletter: *Pat Bonander
- Publicity: *Billie Portera
- Scholarship: *Kathleen Tuttle
- Special Projects: *Roberta Lucia, *Sandy Taddeo, *Lois Wigton
*denotes chair person
Become a Member!
When you become an active member or a supportive member, you will discover that the Women’s Committee is a fun and fulfilling organization that offers personal rewards as well as community benefits. To become a member, simply complete our membership application. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you aboard.
For further information or to become a member, email Women’s Committee email@example.com or call 440-951-7500 x103.
Women’s Committee Second Wednesday Luncheon and Program Series
Program & Luncheon:
- Program Only- $10/everyone
Reservations required by:
- Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org by noon the Friday before the lecture/luncheon date.
- or by calling (440) 951-7500 x103
2019/2020 Luncheon & Program Series and Events
September 11: “Lucretia Garfield ’s Life after President Garfield”
Portrayed by Debbie Weinkamer, docent at the Garfield Memorial Cabin.
October 9: “Abandoned Buildings-Alive Again” – By Johnny Joo, international photographer and story teller of the history of spaces in NE/rural Ohio and the country.
November 13: “The Secrets Between Us” – A conversation by novelist Thrity Umrigar, Case Western Reserve University English professor, regarding her new book.
December 8: Annual Holiday Benefit – Celebrating 50 years as an independent auxiliary of the FAA. Kirtland Country Club *
January 8: “Music Therapy Healing Through The Arts” – Presented by Ann Marie Raddell, Creative Therapies Coordinator at Fine Arts.
February 12: “Interludes Of Music” – Performed by Fine Arts instructors Judith Elias, flutist, Phyllis Spears, mezzo soprano, and Sanni Kearns, pianist in main gallery.
March 11: “Everyone Loves Dancing” – Performed by Fine Arts dance students in all phases.
April 8: “Cakes and Hough Bakery” – Tasting and history blended together by Marie and Joe in main gallery.
May 13: “Wing It Barbershop Quartet” – Internationally ranked quartet of college students from Solon, Ohio. Performance at Kirtland Country Club.*
Second Wednesday Programs:
- Are open to the public and offer a variety of entertainment with catered luncheons in the lobby. All programs are held at The Fine Arts (*unless noted otherwise) and begin at 11:00 a.m.
- Tickets for the program only are available at the door, but reservations are required for the program luncheon