Mission and Vision
As an independent auxiliary of The Fine Arts Association, the Women’s Committee has been an integral part of the organization since its beginning. The Women’s Committee was chartered as an auxiliary in 1969.
Our mission is to support and promote The Fine Arts Association in the appreciation of the creative arts of music, dance, art and drama.
Our goal is to support the appreciation of the creative arts – music, dance, art and theatre and to promote The Fine Arts Association.
Open to both men and women, membership in the Women’s Committee offers a diverse palette of activities and events in which to participate. Some of the highlights of our year include the Women’s Committee Second Wednesday Luncheon and Program Series, a monthly gathering featuring musical entertainment and stimulating lectures, all accompanied by good food and good friends; and an annual fund raiser and social event to kick off the holiday season.
What Women’s Committee Funds
The Women’s Committee’s holds an annual holiday major fundraiser. Proceeds from this benefit are to fulfill a “Wish List” from the FAA to provide needed items that are above and beyond their budget. This year those items requested are electronic bulletin boards, educational equipment and updated software. In the past, the Women’s Committee has gifted items to FAA such as: the digital marquee sign on Mentor Avenue, computers and special sound equipment, remodeling of the kitchen, carpeting for the auditorium and restoration of the concert grand piano. The committee also provides student achievement scholarships, sponsors theater productions, and supports the FAA’s annual Spring benefit. The Women’s Committee hosts the “Second Wednesday Program Luncheon Series” from September through May which are open to the public.
Women's Committee Second Wednesday Luncheon and Program Series
2020/2021 Luncheon & Program Series and Events
Second Wednesday Programs:
- Are open to the public and offer a variety of entertainment with catered luncheons in the lobby. All programs are held at The Fine Arts (*unless noted otherwise) and begin at 11:00 a.m.
- Tickets for the program only are available at the door, but reservations are required for the program luncheon
January 13, 2021: "LONG LIVE ROCK" (cancelled due to COVID-19 precautions)
- Speaker: Nwaka Onwusa, the Curator and Director of Curatorial Affairs at The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
- Nwaka will share with us how the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame develops their exhibit ideas, collects artifacts, and then curates all exhibits.
February 10, 2021: PROGRAM=TBA (cancelled due to COVID-19 precautions)
- Check back on this page for more information!
- Location: *TBD
March 10, 2021: "TERMINAL TOWER" (cancelled due to COVID-19 precautions)
- Presentation by: Becky McFarland
April 14, 2021: "HISTORY OF HOUGH AND HOUGH BAKERY" (cancelled due to COVID-19 precautions)
- Presented by former head bakery chef, Archie
- Bakery samples will be provided at the presentation
May 12, 2021: "WING IT BARBER SHOP QUARTET"
- Performance by: College students from Solon, Ohio
- *Location: The Kirtland Country Club
- February 12: “Interludes Of Music”
- September 11: “Lucretia Garfield ’s Life after President Garfield”
- October 9: “Abandoned Buildings-Alive Again”
- November 13: “The Secrets Between Us”
- December 8: Annual Holiday Benefit
- January 8: “Music Therapy Healing Through The Arts”
- March 11: “Everyone Loves Dancing”
- April 8: “Cakes and Hough Bakery” (CANCELLED Due to COVID-19)
Become a Member Today!
When you become an active member or a supportive member, you will discover that the Women’s Committee is a fun and fulfilling organization that offers personal rewards as well as community benefits. To become a member pick up an application at The Fine Arts Association. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you aboard.
For further information or to submit a membership application, email Women’s Committee email@example.com or call Ann Hedger at 440-951-7500 x103. Applications can also be mailed *Title: “Women’s Committee Application” to 38660 Mentor Ave. Willoughby, Ohio 44094.
In Recent News:
The Fine Arts Association is greatly appreciative of TheWomen’s Committee’ recent generous award to FAA. A gift of $8,000 was presented to FAA and will help to support general operations programs and services. The Women’s Committee has been an integral part of The Fine Arts Association since
1969. Their dedicated members raise funds through special projects, programs and events. We are grateful to the Women’s Committee for their endless donation of time and talent to raise funds to help ensure that The Fine Arts Association
remains vibrant pillar in the community.
History of Women's Committee
A Women’s Board was created in 1957 doing rummage sales, card parties and sponsorship of children’s operettas. In 1959, the group became an advisory board to the Fine Arts Association Board of Trustees. The FAA board requested a Women’s Committee be organized in November 1959. Their first activity was writing to family and friends for FAA support. Gradually, the group began to contribute to the development of FAA goals and has evolved into a membership of over 100 gifting $200,000+ during the last 10 years alone.
2020/2021 Executive Committee and Chairs
- President: Karen Pribula
- Vice President: Barbara Schuler
- Recording Secretary: Sandy Taddeo
- Corresponding Secretary: Carol Berger
- Treasurer: Jane Anthony
- Hospitality: *Susan Miller & *JoAnn Greiner
- Program Series: *Barbara Schuler, JoAnn Greiner, Karen Pribula, Marilyn Repasky, Jan Robinson, Christine Sherwin, Kathleen Tuttle
- Liaison for Breckenridge Village: TBA
- Membership: *Pat Bonander, Stephanie Cerula, Christine Sherwin, Carolyn Wolfe
- Newsletter: *Pat Bonander
- Publicity: *Billie Portera
- Scholarship: *Kathleen Tuttle
- Special Projects: *Roberta Lucia, *Sandy Taddeo, *Lois Wigton
*Denotes chair person