Auditions at FAA
Music by Andrew Lloyd Webber
Based on Old Possum’s Book Of Practical Cats by T.S. Eliot
Additional Material written by: Trevor Nunn and Richard Stilgoe
Director: David Malinowski
Music Director: Kyle Lorek
Choreographers: Lindsay T. DePenti, Rose Lesak, Alexia N. Rodriguez
This is a joint production between the FAA Performance Department and the Award-Winning FAA Dance Companies
AUDITIONS – 5-MINUTE TIMESLOTS
Monday/Tuesday, December 18 & 19, 2023 beginning at 6:00 pm in Corning Auditorium
Callbacks: Wednesday, December 20, 2023 – by invitation only
INTERESTED IN AUDITIONING? CLICK HERE TO MAKE APPOINTMENT!
Rehearsals begin – Tuesday, January 2, 2024
Rehearsals will GENERALLY be Mondays thru Thursdays 6:30-10:00 p.m. & Sundays 1:00-5:00 pm
Production Dates – February 9 – 25, 2024
Fridays/Saturdays at 7:30 pm and Sundays at 2:00 pm.
Double performance on Saturday, February 17, 2024 (2:00 p.m. & 7:30 p.m.)
The Fine Arts Association’s Corning Auditorium
38660 Mentor Ave.
Willoughby, Ohio 44094
- Must prepare a song in the style of the show. Please do not sing a song from the show.
- Bring a headshot or snapshot of yourself to attach to our paperwork.
- Bring a complete list of conflicts beginning January 2, 2024. This includes any work/school activities/events, sports activities/events and classes you may be taking that would cause you to miss a scheduled rehearsal. All cast members must be available for tech week (Feb. 4 – 8)
- Bring a headshot (school picture or snapshot will do)
- Résumés will be accepted (not required)
- Covid-19 Information: Fine Arts does not require masks at this time.
- ALL Singing/Acting roles available
- Seeking a cast of 6 females and 6 males
- The bulk of the heavy dancing will be done by The FAA Dance Companies
- Most singing acting roles will require some light to moderate movement.
- All roles require character acting.
- All characters will be required to provide their own dance shoes and makeup.
- All roles are open to the RIGHT person, regardless of age, gender, race, etc.
- Auditions are open to all actors ages 14 to adult
- No AEA contracts available for this production.
Gus the Theater Cat
Rum Tum Tugger
About the show
Music by Andrew Lloyd Webber based on Old Possum’s Book Of Practical Cats by T.S. Eliot. “Prologue – Jellicle Songs for Jellicle Cats” additional material written by Trevor Nunn and Richard Stilgoe; ”Memory” additional material written by Trevor Nunn. Cats is set amongst a larger-than-life junkyard playground and is alive with purr-fect felines including Rum Tum Tugger, Mr. Mistoffelees, Macavity, Jennyanydots, Old Deuteronomy, Skimbleshanks and Grizabella. The Jellicle Cats come out to play on one special night of the year—the night of the Jellicle Ball. One by one they tell their stories for the amusement of Old Deuteronomy, their wise and benevolent leader, who must choose one of the Cats to ascend to The Heaviside Layer and be reborn into a whole new Jellicle life. Originally directed by Trevor Nunn and featuring musical staging by Gillian Lynne, the all-singing, all-dancing Tony-winning musical spectacular has been translated into 16 languages. With universal appeal and an expandable cast of different age groups, the show has not only been presented in theatres, but also in tents in Japan and Korea, an engine shed in Switzerland and school gymnasiums across the U.S.A.