Auditions at FAA
Miracle on 34th Street
Meredith Willson’s Miracle on 34th Street
Book, Music & Lyrics by Meredith Willson
Director: David Malinowski
Vocal Director: Michael Moyseenko
Musical Director: Michael Czubaj
Auditions: 5-minute timeslots
- Wednesday, October 6, 2021 beginning at 6:30 p.m.
- Thursday, October 7, 2021 beginning at 6:30 p.m.
- Callbacks: October 10 – by invitation only
- Tuesday, October 12, 2021
Rehearsals will GENERALLY be Mondays thru Thursdays 6:45-10:00 p.m. & Sundays 1:00 – 5:00 p.m.
November 26 – December 19, 2021
Fridays at 7:30 pm, Saturday and Sundays at 2:00 p.m.
Double performances on Saturdays, November 27 and December 4 at 2:00 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
The Fine Arts Association Corning Auditorium
38660 Mentor Ave.
Willoughby, Ohio 44094
- Appointment Required – In-Person Auditions
- Call: 440-951-7500 x103 Leave a message with day request. You will receive a confirming phone call.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org with day request. You will receive a confirming email
- Come prepared with a 16-32 bars of a standard Musical Theatre song.
- Bring sheet music in the proper key.
- An accompanist will play for all auditioners.
- Bring a detailed list of your conflicts beginning October 12. This includes any school activities/events, sports activities/events and classes you may be taking that would cause you to miss a scheduled rehearsal.
- All cast members must be available for tech week (November 21-26 – No rehearsal on Thanksgiving) and for all performances, including the two possible double performances.
- Please bring a headshot (school picture or snap shot will do)
- Resumes will be accepted (not required)
- Covid-19 Requirements: Fine Arts requires masks for admission to the FAA building.
Needed: Cast of approximately 20-30 – We are strongly encouraging family units to audition together as there are roles for children and adults
All roles are available, 5 principal roles for adults/teens, 1 principal roles for young girl, plus ensemble.
Age range is 6 years old-Adult. (Must be 6 years old by first rehearsal)
No AEA contracts available for this production.
Doris Walker – Age 30-40
- Special Event Coordinator for Macy’s Department Store. She is a driven career woman and free thinker who has recently divorced. Hard-working and cynical.
- Vocal range top: F5
- Vocal range bottom: F3
Susan – Age: 6 to 9
- Daughter to Doris. She is wise beyond her years and a self-sufficient city girl.
- Vocal range top: Eb5
- Vocal range bottom: G3
Fred Gaily – Age 30-40
- A handsome Military Captain mustering out into civilian life. Smart, hopeful and warm.
- Vocal range top: Ab4
- Vocal range bottom: Ab2
Kris Kringle – Age 55-70
- Kind old man who believes he is Santa Claus. He embodies all of the classic characteristics of the jolly, friendly, warm-hearted icon.
- Vocal range top: E4
- Vocal range bottom: B2
Marvin Shellhammer – Age 30-40
- An aggressive but somewhat bungling junior executive and the head of Public Relations.
- Vocal range top: F#4
- Vocal range bottom: C3
R.H. Macy – Age 45-65
- The boss of Macy’s. Very concerned with public opinion.
- Vocal range top: E4
- Vocal range bottom: Bb2
Ensemble – Men/Women/Children Ages 6-Adult
- Shoppers, Children, Citizens, Government Officials, Townspeople
About the show
A holiday classic from the writer of the musical theatre classic, The Music Man!, and based on the movie of the same name, Miracle on 34th Street The Musical features a book and score by none other than Meredith Willson. Single mother, Doris Walker, doesn’t want her six-year-old Susan’s head filled with romantic notions. Their neighbor, Fred Gailey, tries to woo Doris by charming Susan and taking her to see Santa Claus at Macy’s, where Doris works. Doris is not impressed, but when it turns out that Macy’s Santa may, in fact, be the real Kris Kringle, a wave of love spreads across New York City that melts even the most cynical hearts. Filled with humor, spectacle, and such beloved songs as “Pinecones and Hollyberries,” “It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas” and “My State, My Kansas,” this joyous, heartwarming musical is pure family entertainment.