Auditions at FAA
Auditions for Charlotte's Web
Auditions: Tuesday and Wednesday, December 3 and 4, 2019
- beginning at 6:30 p.m. – 15 minute time slots in groups of four.
Callbacks: Thursday, Decmber 5, 2019
- Callbacks are by invitation only
Rehearsals: Begin Monday, January 6, 2020.
- Rehearsals will generally be on Sundays 6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m., Mondays – Thursdays 6:45 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.
- Tech week rehearsals may go as late as 10:00 p.m.
Production Dates: February 14 – March 1, 2020
- Fridays at 7:30 p.m., Saturdays and Sundays at 2:00 p.m.
- Two daytime performances on Thursdays, February 20 & February 27 at 11:00 a.m. Attendance is required.
- Presented by: the Yarnell Youth Theatre Company
- Adapted by: Joseph Robinette. Based on the book by E.B. White
- Directed by: Sandy Kosovich Peck
- Please call Ann Hedger at 440-951-7500 x103 to make your appointment.
- Able to read from script sides.
- Please bring a detailed list of your conflicts beginning January 6. This includes any school activities/events, sports activities/events and classes you may be taking that would cause you to miss a scheduled rehearsal.
- All cast members must be available for tech week (February 9-13) and for all performances, including the two daytime performances.
- Please bring a head-shot (school pictures are acceptable).
- Resumes will be accepted, but are not required.
- Needed: Cast of approximately 25-35
- All roles are available.
- Age range: 6 – 18 years old. (must be 6 years old by the first rehearsal) Monday, January 6, 2020
- Fern Arable, a young girl
- John Arable, Fern’s father
- Martha Arable, Fern’s mother
- Avery Arable, Fern’s brother
- Homer Zuckerman, Fern’s uncle
- Edith Zuckerman, Fern’s aunt
- Lurvy, a hired farm hand
- Wilbur, the pig
- Templeton, the rat
- Charlotte, the spider
- Goose, Gander, Sheep, Lamb
- Ensemble – Will play various roles such school children fair-goers, reporters, goslings and other animals etc.
Call for Submissions: 10 Minute Plays
23rd One Act Festival: Ten Below
The Fine Arts Association will once again showcase 10-minute original plays. NOTE: We will accept previously produced scripts EXCEPT those which had full productions in the state of Ohio. Those chosen will be fully produced as part of the 23rd Annual One Act Festival — Ten Below in April, 2020 at The Fine Arts Association.
Submissions of original ten-minute plays will be accepted beginning Thursday, August 1, 2019. Submission deadline is Tuesday, October 1, 2019. Only ONE 10-minute submission will be accepted per playwright. Submit your favorite! The number of plays to be produced will be at The Fine Arts Association’s discretion and will depend on the mix of qualified submissions. Original plays accepted for the Festival will be announced between January 13-24, 2020. The plays selected will be given full production within the capabilities and budget of The Fine Arts Association. There are no submission fees for this Festival. There will be no monetary stipend for plays produced in the Festival.
Submissions Open: August 1, 2019
Submissions Close: October 1, 2019
Notification of Final Decisions: January 13-24 (via e-mail)
Festival Dates: March 27-April 3 (6 performances)
Questions – Please call 440-951-7500 x103
One Act Festival Submission Guidelines
- 10-minute play submissions must be original by the playwright. Plays that have had staged readings will be accepted. Plays that have received full productions, either professional or amateur, in the state of Ohio prior to submission will not be accepted. 10-minute plays produced out of the state of Ohio will be accepted. Legal clearance of materials not in the public domain is the full responsibility of the playwright.
- Limit of ONE play may submitted by each playwright.
- Maximum Length: 10 pages not including title pages. Play should run in the 10 minute range. Longer submissions will not be considered.
- Scripts may be comedy and drama. Not open to musicals. No more than 6 characters.
- Simple set and costumes needs and minimal technical requirements. Only basic furniture and minimal props available for the production.
- Plays must be submitted with a title page listing the following contact and bio information: Playwright’s name, mailing address, phone number, e-mail address and a brief biography.
- International submissions are welcome. All scripts must be in English.
- All play submissions will be handled with care. However, The Fine Arts Association assumes no responsibility for lost or damaged scripts.
- Submissions may be e-mailed to email@example.com. E-mail submissions must be received by The Fine Arts Association by Tuesday, October 1, 2019 to be considered.
- Preferred document format: Microsoft Word or .PDF files ONLY. No other formats will be accepted.
- Mail submission to: Ann Hedger, Ten Minute Plays, The Fine Arts Association, 38660 Mentor Avenue, Willoughby, Ohio 44094.
- Mailed submissions must be postmarked by October 1, 2019 to be considered for the Festival.
- Mailed submissions must be securely bound with a title page containing full contact and bio information as outlined above.
- Scripts will not be returned. Scripts not selected will be shredded then recycled.
Selection & Notification Information:
- Selections will be made by The Fine Arts Association Performance Department and inclusion in the festival is solely at their discretion. All decisions are final.
- All submitting playwrights will receive an email notification upon receipt of their scripts. Notification of final decisions will be made by e-mail between January 13-24, 2020.